9.16.2011

Follow Friday & Book Blogger Hop & TGIF

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee.  This weeks featured blog is Librarian Mouse  and the weekly question is:
 
Q. It's that pesky magic book fairy again! She has another wish: What imaginary book world would you like to make a reality?
 
I still want to live in the land of the elves from Lord of the Rings. If I became a multimillionaire I would build that world with the trees, the water and the beautiful buildings and I would frolick barefoot. Anyone could live there with me as long as they agreed to frolick barefoot at least twice a day and stare pensively at the waterfalls.
 


Beautful! There should be more places like this in real life. Why live in a concrete jungle? I want to live here. Ok, I'm not going to off on a tangent.

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Books This weeks question is:
 
Q. As a book blogger, how do you introduce yourself in your profile?
I'm not very good at introducing myself, both in person and online. I tend to draw a blank on what I want to say. Nothing seems interesting enough and I end up being short and vague. I think I did a pretty good job here with introducing myself. I tend to want to include all of my interests and hobbies.
 

tgif is a weekly meme hosted by GReads!  This week's question is:

Q. Book Disappointments: Have you ever come across a book you were so stoked to read, but it failed miserably in your eyes? 

There are a few books I was excited about purchasing or recieving and then just couldn't get into it. I tend to have a short attention span unless something really gets to me so books have to grab me and grab me hard early on or I get bored. Two books really failed to grab me.


I have the first two book of both series. It seems like such a waste to have them and not read them. So one day I might come up with a challenge to read five books that I never finished or something like that.

Oh and Cut, I wanted to read this so bad, I ordered it and I was so disappointed.


HAPPY FRIDAY!!

Oh, did anyone else watch the season premiere of Vampire Diaries and Secret Circle? If so, let's discuss!

12 comments:

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Living in Lord of the Rings with the elves would be so cool!!! I love the pictures :) Great choice!

Here's my FF!

kathy said...

That's the second time I've seen Beautiful Creatures this week. Makes me feel better about not having gotten to that series. I'm thinking now I probably won't get around to reading them.
And I have a hard time with the introductions, too!

Jennifer | Mrs Q Book Addict said...

Beautiful Creatures is on my tbr list. I'll have to try it out for myself.

Bleuette said...

Wow, there are a lot of things I can relate to here. I would love to go visit the homes of the elves in Lord of the Rings. I'm also not really good at talking about myself. And I also couldn't get into Beautiful Creatures and especially Marked. Old Follower!

http://fantasysink.blogspot.com/2011/09/follow-my-book-blog-friday-and-book_16.html

Howard Sherman said...

This week’s Book Blogger Hop really threw me a curveball.

That’s because I don’t call myself a book blogger. I never even considered myself a book blogger. Sure I blog about books and book-related topics week after week. But for some reason I never saw the label of “book blogger” applying to me.

If you’re wondering why then please hop on over to my blog and find out – http://www.howardsherman.net

Howard Sherman
http://www.howardsherman.net

Book Crook Liza said...

I've seen quite a few people picking Beautiful Creatures! I haven't read it myself, but I'm definitely questioning whether I should or not!

My TGIF!

Melissas Eclectic Bookshelf said...

You totally convinced me with those pictures! I want to live in the trees too!!!

I am a new follower!

♥ Melissa @ Melissa's Eclectic Bookshelf

Sheena @ Hot Eats and Cool Reads said...

New from Blog Hop! Looking forward to following you!

Jenni Elyse said...

I'm good with frolicking barefoot twice a day and staring pensively at the waterfalls! Invite me when it becomes a reality! I'm so there!

Rochelle said...

Living with the elves from The Lord of the Rings would be great, it's so beautiful there.

I didn't like Beautiful Creatures either, too much hype. I have Marked but haven't read it yet.

Have a nice weekend

Rochelle @ Books Like Stars

Tia said...

Hi, The Lord of the Rings definitely had a magical feel to it! Good answer! New follower!

My Follow Friday

Jess said...

I read Beautiful Creatures and Marked at the same time. I liked Beautiful Creatures, but I could not get through Marked and traded it in.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...