BDB Bookclub Questions - Dark Lover
2. What did you think of the alternating point of views (Darius, Beth, Butch, Wrath, Marissa, Mr. X, Havers...)?
I liked the alternating point of view. You don't get too wrapped in what one person is thinking or feeling. You get a feel for the whole group. Aside from Mr. X and the lessers. I liked going between all the characters.
3. What did you think of the new language Ward created? (i.e. Shellan, Princeps, Doggen, etc.) Did it help pull you into the story or distract you?
I liked the idea of the new language. It was amazing to me how she was able to do that and make the words flow so easy with english. It definately helped pull me further into the story, especially leelan. I love that word!
4. We all know that this series is Paranormal Romance -- and we all know that's the good stuff, however, did you feel that Beth and Wrath moved a little too quickly in the beginning? How did you feel about these events given what had happened to Beth the night before?
At first, I was like wow that was quick but it went with the flow of the story. They both needed each other in different ways. With Beth, it seemed like she couldn't control herself around him. And Wrath held himself off Marissa so we knew he wasn't some oversexed brute. Even though it was fast, it was the beginning of something.
5. What did you think of Zsadist's surprise signing abilities?
Yeah, that shocked me and made me giggle at little. I still can't picture it, this huge scarred up tough warrior opening his mouth and sounding like a choir of angels. Yeah, that's a little funny to me.
6. How about that offer Havers made Zsadist in the end? Did you think Zsadist would do it? Do you think Havers punishment for this incident (or lack thereof) was fair?
I thought that Zsadist was going to do it. I really did. Havers was a dummy for even making the offer but I'm glad he didn't get punished because it was a misunderstanding. I'm soooo glad he didn't attempt to hurt Wrath though because I like Zsadist now.
7. What did you think of Darius' decision to come back from The Fade, but never again know his daughter? What would you have done given the same choice?
I would have wanted to come back too and I have a feeling (even though I haven't gotten that far in the series) that he will be around in her his own way.
8. Compare the Brotherhood Books (on first impression) to other vampire series that you've read. Is is better or worse and how so? Well other than Twilight, this is the first vampire series that I have read and it is the best so far. No comparison.