4.07.2011

Book Review: Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward

Lover Awakened by J.R. Ward
Deeply scarred without and within, vampire warrior Zsadist believes that he is unworthy of either compassion or true love. One night a glimmer of hope crosses his path, embodied in the young civilian Bella; yet, true to form, he pushes her away. But when the enemy of their race kidnaps Bella, Zsadist can't rest until he finds her, and once he does, he faces his biggest threat to date as fate grants him one last chance at peace.

By far, my favorite of the series! I was completely entralled in Zsadist story. The big, scary, scarred, soulless vampire fell in love. It was like pulling teeth. There was so much back and forth between Bella and Zsadist that I found myself not caring about anything else that was going on. I wanted to skip over the chapters about Mr. X and the lessers (and I did a couple of times). Then the issue with Phury, Zsadist twin. I loved every minute of this story. I felt so bad for Zsadist and his internal self hatred. Phury's love for his brother blew me away, what he went through to rescue him, wow. I am interested in Phury's story which I wish was the next book. More information is learned about John Matthew, which I can't wait to see how that turns out. J.R. Ward has one active imagination. The whole "needing" thing, ok, I was exhausted after that, like girl, enough is enough. Ha. Great book. I read it in one day.

1 comment:

Ing said...

I'm with you girl! Z will always remain my favorite Brother! I still cry everytime I read the ending when he gives her note...SIGH!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...