6.23.2011

Book Review: Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt

there are two sides to every breakup.
This is Jordan and Courtney, totally in love. Sure, they were an unlikely high school couple. But they clicked; it worked. They're even going to the same college, and driving cross-country together for orientation.
Then Jordan dumps Courtney -- for a girl he met on the Internet.
It's too late to change plans, so the road trip is on. Courtney's heartbroken, but figures she can tough it out for a few days. La la la -- this is Courtney pretending not to care.
But in a strange twist, Jordan cares. A lot.
Turns out, he's got a secret or two that he's not telling Courtney. And it has everything to do with why they broke up, why they can't get back together, and how, in spite of it all, this couple is destined for each other.

I really liked this book. The one thing it was was honest. I found myself understanding exactly how Courtney felt. All of the emotions she was going through were completely understood. Getting "dumped" by a boy for a girl on myspace? I know that had to feel horrible. Being a girl, I totally related with all the images and ideas that Courtney created in her head about this girl. I found myself pulling for Jordan though. He wasn't a bad guy, just in a awkward situation.

Lauren's writing style was easy to follow and like I said before, with honest emotions. She goes back and forth between Courtney and Jordan's point of view and from the present to the past. However, it flowed nicely. The story fit together perfectly. Overall, it was a very enjoyable, not too heavy read.

1 comment:

Loren Chase said...

Definitely reading this book right now and I LOVE it so far. And I totally agree with you about understanding every emotion Courtney is feeling. They were so REAL which I find is sometimes hard to find in YA books. Everything she was feeling I would have felt in her situation and could relate to. Great review! ;)

~Loren

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...