8.08.2011

Follow Friday & Book Blogger Hop

I was in a meeting all day Friday and wasn't able to participate in my usual Friday activities and I forgot about them this weekend so I'm doing it today. Better late than never, right? : )

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee.  This weeks featured blog is Hands and Home and the weekly question is:

Q. Talk about the book that most changed or influenced your life (was it a book that turned you from an average to avid reader, did it help you deal with a particularly difficult situation, does it bring you comfort every time you read it?). This is a hard question because I just haven't read that book yet. Don't get me wrong, I've read a lot of good books most of which I recommend to others but to have one book that is my "go to" book, I haven't come across it yet. However, there was a book I read in middle school. It was called Coming of Age by Lorri Hewitt. This was the book that inspired me to read and more than anything write. I haven't read it in years but it was set in my city in a high school I was familiar with and it just felt like a home when reading it. I could literally see the area where everything was taking place. Plus it gave me a glimpse of high school which in middle school that is all you are looking forward too. Because it was so familiar, it put the idea in my head that I could do this, I could write a story in my surroundings so I started writing.

Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Books This weeks question is:
What is the one ARC you would love to get your hands on right now?

Fateful by Claudia Gray. I want to read this book so bad. I want it now and I can't have it and I'm impatient and whiny. The moment I read what it was about I messaged the author on her blog and facebook (since she is one of my friends) but no response. Oh well, guess I will have to wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to get myself a early review copy to read of Fateful by Claudia Gray as well. I'm a big Titanic freak, so this is a MUST READ for me. Glad to know I'm not alone, cause I emailed and messaged her though her contact info and facebook as well. Lets hope one of us get a early copy.

Natasha @ Paranormal Goddess Book Blog

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...