10.14.2011

Follow Friday & Book Blogger Hop & TGIF

Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee.  This weeks featured blog is Confuzzled and the weekly question is:

Q: If you could have characters from a book meet and form an epic storyline with characters from a TV series, which characters would you choose and why?

I would like to see a mashup of Vampire Diaries and Vampire Academy. Vamps only, sorry Elena. I think that would be very interesting. I think Caroline and Lissa would get along but Rose wouldn't like it. Her and Katherine would probably bump heads. And Dimitri and Damon would be interesting combo as well. I don't think they'd get along. But they could all unite to kill Claus.


Book Blogger Hop is a weekly meme hosted by Crazy for Books. This weeks question is:

Q. What is your favorite spooky book (i.e. mystery/suspense, thriller, ghost story, etc.)?

I don't read too many mystery/horror books. Nevermore had it moments though that sent a few chills up my spine. The whole other realm world and all it entail was definitely spooky. It wasn't really a mystery though, but totally suspenseful. However, I said I was going to read a horror for halloween instead of watching horror movies like I do every year (I'll probably end up doing both). I selected to read The Cell from my hubs extensive Stephen King collection. So I will probably start that this weekend.


tgif is a weekly meme hosted by GReads!  This week's question is:

Show & Tell: Where do you grab a book and get lost in it? Show us your favorite spot you like to read at.

There are two places I like to read right now. Early Saturday mornings while we have these nice cool fall mornings, I like to go out on my balcony with my oversized cup of coffee or hot tea and read. It is quiet and peaceful. Surprisingly, no one bothers me out there, except my cat. She loves to sit out there too while I'm reading. I love it. Sadly, the mornings are starting to get alittle too cool lately.

Most of the time though, I'm in my room in my bed reading. Only downside, I tend to fall asleep while I'm reading in the bed. I'd prefer the couch but it isn't an option just because someone is always in the livingroom watching TV and I like quiet when I read. I really need a mom cave. :) I am looking into getting a big comfy chair and putting it in my bedroom. That would be awesome. Yes, that is my bear on the bed. Yes, I am 30 and still sleep with it every night. Don't judge me.

Man, times like this I wish I hadn't of broken my digicam. Sorry for the poor quality phone pictures.

7 comments:

TheReadingPenguin said...

Great pick! Love the vampire mash-up!

New follower!

http://readingtopenguins.blogspot.com/2011/10/following-friday-8.html

Jessica (Peace Love Books) said...

Vampire Diaries and Vamp Academy would be so awesome!!!! I didn't think of that (though my answer does include vampire diaries). I agree with everything you said! I think Dmitri and Stefan would get along but Damon and Dmitri would seriously have some issues. Great answer!!!

Here's my FF!

Logan E. Turner said...

Hey, no judgment from me on the bear. I have a stuffed bee pillow that I still sleep with. I need something to curl up with! PS - I LOVE your bedspread.

Logan
My TGIF post

Alexa S. said...

I'm a bed reader too! It's just so comfortable and private :)

Confuzzled Shannon said...

Love the little nooks you read in pretty!

thanks for stopping by! Following you!

Kate @ Kates Book Life said...

Great choice I would love to see this mash up :)
New follower

Jess said...

I liked Cell by Stephen King. It wasn't too scary !

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...