2.24.2012

Friday Feature and Follow & TGIF

FF 2012 Feature & Follow #83
Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read  This weeks featured blog is Oh! For the Love of Books and the weekly question is:

Q: Activity!!! Take a picture or describe where you love to read the most…

Most of the time, I read in my bed. It is never usually this neat though and there is usually a big fluffy kitty cat curled up sleeping in there somewhere too!

When the weather is nice I sit on my patio and read. I've lost track of many hours sitting out there reading.

Really, I look forward to our planned Spring/Early Summer trip to the cabins where I can do some reading the peace and quiet of the forest while the boys go fishing. I can't wait!

DID YOU FOLLOW? 


tgif is a weekly meme hosted by GReads!  This week's question is:

Required Reading: Which book from your school days do you remember reading & enjoying? Is there a book published now that you'd like to see in today's curriculum for kids?






I remember having to read and dissect Lord of the Flies and Beowulf. I mean we had questions on each chapter and essays and everything. I felt like I knew everything it was to know about those two books. The teacher that assigned The Great Gatsby wasn't as anal. We read it in class then got to watch the movie with Robert Redford and Mia Farrow. I really enjoyed that book and movie. 

I think the kids should still have to read the "classics" like we did. I don't want to get away from that language and style. However if I had to chose, I would say 13 Reasons Why and Hunger Games. 



7 comments:

kindreddreamheart said...

Wow, this is like the 2nd cabin answer I've seen. Sounds like a great place to read.

#New Follower

Here's my #FF

MeikkiBeibi said...

Such great choices all of them. Love the look of your patio! <3

New follower! Come see my Friday Follow answer as well! Have a great weekend everyone!

Anna @ Literary Exploration said...

I just read Beowulf and I really enjoyed it! (I'm a college senior lol) and I actually used Thirteen Reasons Why in my unit of study about bullying last year in my YA Lit class! I would LOVE to take a class that teaches THG :)

My TGIF

Unknown said...

My couch was my answer :)

Check out my FF

http://momzunas.blogspot.com/

oh and following!

Nicola said...

Lots of great reading places! The cabin sounds awesome :D

New follower :)
>My FF!<

Unknown said...

The cabin looks WICKED! I bet you can do both some reading and some inspired writing when you're there too. Just whoa!

I'm a new follower!

Here's my FF. ♥

Cherie Colyer said...

Oh, I'd love to have a cabin to go to!

New follower.
My FF: http://cheriecolyer.blogspot.com/2012/02/feature-follow-3.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...