2.17.2012

Follow Friday & TGIF

FF 2012 Feature & Follow #83
Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read  This weeks featured blog is http://beefcakeandbabes.com/ and the weekly question is:
 
Q: BeefcakeandBabes Asks: I like unique names for characters and am looking forward to coming up with some when I start writing. What’s the most unique character name you’ve come across?
 
I have to agree with our host, I love the names in the Black Dagger Brotherhood, Rehvenge, Zsadist, Rhage etc. Their names give you insight into their personalities. I love what JR Ward did with their names so unique and powerful.
 
 

tgif is a weekly meme hosted by GReads!  This week's question is:
 
Book Blogger Pride: What do you take pride in when it comes to blogging?
I take pride in all of my work. I'm actually kind of anal when it come to it. Everything must be just so perfect. I'm way into the aesthetic of the blog. I want it to look nice. Visually pleasing and all. I have a problem with errors. I must correct any error that I find or it will bother me. I just want everything perfect.
 
I'm afraid I pick over my words too much when it comes to book reviews. I know that authors work hard on their work and I find it difficult to criticize. I take pride in being able to be honest but not degrading or mean. I'd hate to hurt anyones feeling just because of my own. So as a blogger I take pride in the appearance and presentation of my blog as well as my honest yet uplifting opinion.

8 comments:

The Nocturnal Library said...

I was always a fan of more traditional names, I don't know why. I've seen a lot of people mentioning BDB boys today. :)

New follower.
Here's our #FF post

Maja @ The Nocturnal Library

Stepping Out of the Page said...

I haven't read those JR Ward books but it looks like I'm going to have to check them out! Great choices. :)

New to your blog, hope you'll drop by mine sometime!

Stephanie

P.S. If you haven't already, enter my International Giveaway

Unknown said...

I love the BDB series and the names are all so unique - I love it! I also agree with one should take pride in their work, epecially their reviews!

Happy FF, I'm your newest follower!

Evie@ Paromantasy

Unknown said...

I totally need to read Black Dagger Brotherhood already!!! I'm always seeing it around! Must be a good series :)

New follower

Here's my follow friday: http://www.booklove101.com

pussreboots said...

Hard to believe February's more than half over. Happy Blog Hop. I hope you stop by.

J. B. Kantt said...

Hey, I'm a new follower! :)

Those are some awesome names! I LOVE unique character names!

Have a FABULOUS Friday!!!! :D

J.B.
http://jbkantt.blogspot.com/

Sarah said...

I love the BDB names and the series my favourite is Zsadist, great choices, new follower, here's mine
http://headstuckinabook.blogspot.com.au/2012/02/feature-and-follow-friday-16.html

Anonymous said...

Those are really unique names! I can't even pronounce half of them! I agree! They really do give you a little taste of their personality. New follower!

http://eileenlisblog.blogspot.com/2012/02/follow-friday-15.html

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...