3.09.2012

Follow Friday and TGIF

FF 2012 Feature & Follow #83
Follow Friday is a weekly meme hosted by Parajunkee and Alison Can Read  This weeks featured blog is Hesperia Loves Books and the weekly question is:

Q: Have you ever looked at book’s cover and thought, This is going to horrible? But, was instead pleasantly surprised? Show us the cover and tell us about the book.


I would have to say

Well, I didn't think this is going to be horrible but I wasn't really feeling the cover. I didn't quite get the girl on the ground with the lightning coming out of her finger and the big cloud. It looked kind of like a children's book. I didn't like the cover at all (Sorry JJ).Of course I began to understand the lightning bolt as I read the book however, the book was awesome. I loved it! See my review here. The main character was a breath of fresh air, the mom too cool and the book itself was just enjoyable to read. See you shouldn't judge a book by it cover. I must say though, I've been more disappointed the other way around. I'll see the awesome beautiful amazing covers then I will start reading the book and its like eh, no good.



TGIF is a weekly meme hosted by GReads!  This week's question is:



Promote An Author: Is there a particular author you wish got more recognition? 
Pick one author & tell us why we should read their work.








My choice:
Ms. Mayandree Michel. She is the author of Betrayal (The Descendants #1) which I really liked. This book was so well written and detailed. It was set in the victoriam era but filled with greek mythology. It was totally awesome and I thought she would have received a lot more recognition. The second book, Sacrifice is coming out in June. Check out the beautiful cover. Anyways, if you haven't read Betrayal, you need to. I can't wait to read Sacrifice! See interview with Ms. Michel here and the review of Betrayal here.


2 comments:

Patricia said...

Wow! Sacrifice looks really great, and I think I'll have to check out Betrayel. :)

Happy Friday!

Patricia // My FF

Hazal said...

Hi I'm a new follower. Nice blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...