11.14.2011

Book Review: New Moon by Stephanie Meyer

Leading up to the premiere of Breaking Dawn: part 1 I wanted to review the books of the Twilight Saga since I read them before I started my book blog. Countdown to Breaking Dawn: Part 1! Four days remaining! I probably won't go see it this weekend. I think I will save it for Thanksgiving Weekend. Anywhoo, on to my review of New Moon.

New Moon by Stephanie Meyer
"New Moon (Twilight, #2)Shoot, I muttered when the paper sliced my finger; I pulled it out to examine the damage. A single drop of blood oozed from the tiny cut. It all happened very quickly then Edward threw himself at me, flinging me back across the table...I tumbled down to the floor by the piano, with my arms thrown out instinctively to catch my fall, into the jagged shards of glass. I felt the searing, stinging pain that ran from my wrist to the crease inside my elbow. Dazed and disoriented, I looked up from the bright red blood pulsing out of my arm-into the fevered eyes of the six suddenly ravenous vampires." Legions of readers entranced by Twilight are hungry for more and they won't be disappointed. In New Moon, Stephenie Meyer delivers another irresistible combination of romance and suspense with a supernatural twist. The "star-crossed" lovers theme continues as Bella and Edward find themselves facing new obstacles, including a devastating separation, the mysterious appearance of dangerous wolves roaming the forest in Forks, a terrifying threat of revenge from a female vampire and a deliciously sinister encounter with Italy's reigning royal family of vampires, the Volturi. Passionate, riveting, and full of surprising twists and turns, this vampire love saga is well on its way to literary immortality.

Ok, this is the book were all us Jacob lovers fell in love! I know Bella loves Edward and blah blah blah however, she painted an amazing picture of Jacob in this book. She might be in love with Edward but she was subconsciously infatuated with Jacob. She played it off by wishing he was her brother, saying that he was her best friend, yeah yeah, I think that was the only way she could deal with the mental guilt of being in love with two people. Or could just be wishful thinking, I'm so not a fan of Edward. He's kind of a creep if you think about it. Sure, he looks 18 but mentally he's in his 100s. 100? Why are you falling in love with high school girls? Shouldn't your mental capacity outextend the giggly confused high school girl wants? See, pervy, totally not a responsible adult.

Anywhoo, back to the book, personally I was glad that Edward disappeared for the majority of the book and we got to see the relationship between Bella and Jacob grow. They are fun to read about, their relationship is easy and I had way more aww moments. Plus, we got witness his transformation as well. I enjoyed that we learned about the Quiliete legend along with Jacob. There were a lot of meaty details in this book that weren't in the movie. This book was so much better than the movie to me. And, say what you want, but the four blank pages counting the months was genius to me. Bella was out of it, depressed, I think it was a great way to move the story along without boring us with whiny details of self-pity.

I enjoyed this book. I was glued to it for hours and I finished it in one day and moved right onto Eclipse. I do have one thought though, part of me felt like Bella was begging to become a vampire more for vanity and the idea of how cool it would be to be a vampire as opposed to this insane love she has for Edward. I don't know why I just saw him changing her and her going, 'awesome, ok I'm out, peace.' I don't know, I think she fell for Edward because he was a vampire and if he was normal she wouldn't be that into him.

Just thought I would share this:

Love love Taylor Lautner but Jacob in the book was much much bigger. I would love to see the actor who could play the Jacob that is in the book. Eventhough I know how the story ends I'm still Team Jacob. He was a much better choice for her but as teenagers were never chose what is best for us.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...