5.23.2011

Music Monday

Happy Music Monday! This is a weekly feature hosted by Gone with the Words where you post a video of a song that reminds you of something or someone I've read, anything that relates to it.

I just started reading Two-Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt this weekend. I'm about halfway through the book. They talk alot about music and songs in this book so its kind of hard to formulate your own sound. You tend to hear what they are talking about. There are several songs that play in my mind while reading this book but I have two narrowed done for the two main characters.



 

Courtney is still hurting from the breakup with Jordan. Jar of Hearts fits her perfectly.


Lauren kept describing Jordan as listening to "hardcore rap" and even Jordan said he wasn't listening to anything mainstream like Jay Z or 50 Cent which he referred to as posers. I'm not so sure about that. Jay Z definitely not. But Jordan would have to be listening to old school hardcore rap like Tupac or NWA but all I can hear is Lil' Wayne.



Yeah, Lil' Wayne fits him.

1 comment:

Jess (Gone with the Words) said...

I really want to read this book!! Great songs! Especially Jar of Hearts! I actually used that one for Cole from Linger by Maggie Stiefvater (if you've read the book, check out the post HERE). Thanks for joining Music Monday this week! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...