3.31.2011

Book Review: Dark Lover by J.R. Ward

Dark Lover by J.R. Ward
In the shadows of the night in Caldwell, New York, there's a deadly turf war going on between vampires and their slayers. There exists a secret band of brothers like no other-six vampire warriors, defenders of their race. Yet none of them relishes killing more than Wrath, the leader of The Black Dagger Brotherhood.

The only purebred vampire left on earth, Wrath has a score to settle with the slayers who murdered his parents centuries ago. But, when one of his most trusted fighters is killed-leaving his half-breed daughter unaware of his existence or her fate-Wrath must usher her into the world of the undead-a world of sensuality beyond her wildest dreams.


I was hooked from page one of this book. I'm not big into romance novel, in fact, this is the first one I have read. I didn't even know it was considered paranormal romance until I went to get the second book in this series and found a huge paranormal romance section in my favorite bookstore. This book is like Twilight for adult, minus the werewolves and add some vampire slayers. The flow of the book is good. It goes back and forth between narators but it moves along at such a good pace that your aren't antsy to get back to the other story. Everything fits together well. The characters are well developed, although I did find myself wanting to know what makes Wrath the only purebred vampire left, maybe she answered that and I missed it. You are able to really see the transformation that Wrath undergoes from the beginning of the book to the end. By the end I was sighing and thinking about someone loving me the way he loves....oops can't say. Anyways, loved the book. I ran out and got book 2 and 3 minutes after I finished 1.

2 comments:

Nerissa said...

I have this book sitting on my desk, and I haven't picked it up yet to read. After reading your review, I just might need to bump it up on the TBR list.

Thanks for the great review!

A Journey in Reading said...

Ohhhh..... love me some Brothers!! I'm a Z lover myself... something about that "dark brooding badboy" :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...